Monday, October 19, 2015

Dundee

Met Dundee librarian, Alistair Wilson, for a chat on promoting my book to library users, reading groups, etc. Dundee is a town which is forever reinventing itself: from ship-building, to jute-jam-and-journalism;  computer games to art and design. The council seems to be run by a bunch of guys that take pleasure in building things, only to demolish them in a decade or two, to build something else instead. The latest project is the Waterfront development with a new Victoria and Albert design museum, due to open in 2018.
I think Dundonians embody this attitude of fearlessness in changing  and trying new things. If it doesn't work out, change it or do something completely different instead. 
My book is a new departure for me. Will it allow me to reinvent myself as a writer? 
Follow this blog / facebook / twitter to find out. Buy the book to help me make it happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment