Yestarday, I also went hawking my novel at a few Parisian stores specialised in English language books:
- Shakespeare and Co - they are still considering organising an event for my novel. The events manager, Adam wasn't there, but had a quick chat with Kieran - a cool Irish guy who works there.
- Gilbert Joseph's - their representative added it to his database but said he couldn't stock any until it became a bit more popular, he did offer me some friendly advice and encouragement though.
- Famous store in the rue de Rivoli - who shall remain nameless - gave me a rather snobbish knockback.
- WH Smith - said they would stock it and possibly organise an event in the autumn!
- Brentano's American Bookstore - said they should be able to stock a few. Pascal, the guy in charge, said he'd try to recommend it to anyone who buys a Stephen King novel! He also suggested I check out another author, Caryl Férey (who has also written thriller novels set in Africa).